Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just Some Thoughts


Yesterday was library day. I checked out mainly chick lit and devoured one novel throughout the day, Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella. This is also the author of the Shopaholic novels, which were originally what I was searching for, but there were none on the shelves. I usually avoid chick lit, so I am not expecting a whole lot of plot or really great phrase turning, mostly I just want to be entertained. Remember Me? is an excellent novel to entertain. Two thumbs up, I couldn't put it down all afternoon! I also checked out some Jennifer Weiner novels, and the more literary Anne Tyler.


I love the fact that my children look forward to a library trip. We all spent productive time reading, playing with puzzles, perusing the stacks, and came home with a bag full of goodies that are ours alone for the next 21 days.


Not much else has been going on here. I am still in limbo, waiting for results, on our charter school applications and our Washington trip tickets. I am not used to depending on other people to green light me for something I want, how typical of our generation! I have found myself being quiet and grouchy with my husband, and then I realized last night I was experiencing PMS. sigh. No that's not an excuse, actually it is very rare for me to feel like this, so I think the waiting is influencing me, too. I need to be more vigilant, make more effort to keep my attitude positive.


I am really enjoying this Facebook thing. I have gotten in touch with a couple friends from ages ago who are truly excited to know how we have been all these years. That's a pleasant feeling, to know someone is happy to see you.

1 comment:

  1. We regularly lose ourselves in the library. I figure one of these days, the nice ladies will get tired of kicking us out and lock us in the for a night, lol.

    Facebook- Yes, awesome to catch up with school friends and former work friends! Nice to meet some new ones too! :-D

    PS- Tagging you! :-D

    ReplyDelete