Saturday, January 3, 2009

Novel #1 is Finished!



Today I finished The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. My favorite line was about wet moonlight soaking the tangled clothes on the floor. Wow. I want to read some good critical essays about this book to completely understand why it is considered one of the best pieces of American literature ever written. I enjoyed the themes and the plot, good food for thought woven throughout, but I want to really get it. You know? I would love to sit down with an English professor and just let them explain everything about this book that makes it so highly regarded. Anyway, here is my first winner badge for the Just Read More Novels monthly contest, which is here: http://livebythefoma.blogspot.com/2009/01/fourth-annual-najuremonomo.html (still trying to figure out this hyperlink thing!)

Yay! I think I will cozy up to one of my Agatha Christie mysteries next.

No comments:

Post a Comment