Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shadows and Art Projects

I love to scrapbook. I have tons of paper, lots of tools, and many ideas. It is a relaxing way for me to spend some time. Thus, when my children are gluing pictures to paper, making mattes, and adding text, it is EXTREMELY difficult to be hands-off!

We just did a project where the kids took pictures of shadows and then the object making the shadow. I though Princess O would be the most interested, but actually she had a hard time getting going. Professor X really surprised me with his artistic eye and enthusiasm. I got the prints developed and then the kids glued them onto paper with a flap over the object making the shadow so you have to guess what it is. Tana Hoban inspired, for sure! The paper was not evenly aligned, way too much glue or not enough was used, and the handwriting is sub-par. BUT, the kids are absolutely thrilled with them and had a great time. I'm glad we did it. I think I learned more than they did.












No comments:

Post a Comment