Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The thing about writing is that so often I feel I have nothing worthwhile to say. I lead a small life. My world can get extremely small if I don't make the effort to get and see people and mix with society.

I have a medical terminology class right now. I love all the big words and serious explanations for diseases. I find myself repeating after my teacher, under my breath, all the long complicated pathology terms and body parts. Words have a definite pull on me. I enjoy being studious and making flashcards every week. I think in words. I think in full sentences with punctuation. I don't know if all people do this, if it's normal. But it's me.

I recently acquired a brand-spanking new book, War and Peace. No, not War, What is it Good for? The actual big, fat War and Peace. It's sitting on the shelf next to my bed and I can't wait to start reading it. I need a big mug of fresh, hot coffee, my special blanket, and a long, lazy afternoon. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment