Monday, December 7, 2009

Too Much Stuff

With Christmas right around the corner, I always turn my eyes to the kids' room and the plethora of toys and books they have. This year it doesn't look too bad since I have been getting rid of bags and bags of stuff (where does it all come from??) throughout the year. My next big idea is to completely prune their book collection.

We check out massive amounts of books from the library. Massive. I don't think they even read much of what is strewn amongst the shelves of their bookcase. It's a grid bookcase with 9 squares and it would be really perfect to give them each a row with a basket to hold their very favorite things. One shelf each for books.

I am hesitant to do this because I love to read and my number one prayer come true about my children is that they love to read, too. We all love to read, but these books are dated and old and not read that much since we always have "fresh" books from the library! This should be a no-brainer. But I love books and it's hard to let go of such a huge amount.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 100+ Reading Challenges. I am so glad you have decided to join us in the fun. 2010 is going to be a great year in reading. I can just feel it!

    ReplyDelete