Friday, January 15, 2010

A Night Out

Last night I went to see "Sherlock Holmes" with one of my best girlfriends. This friend and I are very similar in many things, like our sense of humor and our drooling over Robert Downey, Jr.

We had such a great time in the theater during previews since we were the only people there. I am known for making loud comments which I think are amusing, in between previews, during the quiet before the next preview starts. My husband gets embarrassed when I do this, which makes it infinitely more fun to do. My friend last night thought I was hilarious, and that was one more reason the night was so fun. (yes, this is meant to make you roll your eyes and say, "oh brother, this girl is probably not that funny anyway.")

The best parts of the movie were enhanced by having a friend there to giggle with and say, "oh, mama!" when RDJ looked especially good. I have never been a big Jude Law fan, but he was great with RDJ. This is not a movie made for men. This is a chick movie. I think my husband would enjoy this better as a rental anyway.

The storyline was good and the Watson character was really the only aspect Hollywood tampered with and made completely opposite from the stories. My friend is a Sherlock Holmes fan and was curious to see how true the movie would stay to the books. I have read many of the stories, too, and we weren't disappointed. Guy Ritchie directed and his style really made the movie very entertaining.

I give it a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment