Friday, March 19, 2010

After-Surgery Thoughts

I am not the kind of person who likes to rest and recover. When I have a cold I am in denial, telling myself and my family it's just "something in the air". I can't lay down and rest. It seems there is always so much to do. In the week before my hernia surgery (which was yesterday) I had several goals to accomplish and really looked forward to my recuperation period as a vacation of sorts. I finished my reports module for my transcription program, got homeschool plans settled, and hooked up my Kindle with lots to read.

My best efforts though were directed towards my bedroom which has not had a make-over EVER, in the 12 years I have occupied it. I truly did not think I could rest in a room that provoked so many "I wish it didn't look like this" thoughts. So, I splurged and bought a new bed set, took the quilt off the wall and replaced it with a homemade headboard, cleaned up my desk and set up the area next to my bed with reading materials, knitting projects, and a tv tray to hold my drinks and snacks. Best idea ever. I am loving it!

1 comment: