Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life is Going On

Here is a quick update.

Homeschooling is off and running since August 23rd. We are in full swing with PE, science, social studies, keyboard lessons and Legos Engineering class. I feel like this is going to be MY year. I am organized and I know how the system works. Lots of creative writing this year. We are also doing a lot more art. We spent the last week studying Van Gogh and the kids used his painting techniques to produce some paintings. It was fun and the book I am using,
is really incredible and chock full of practical ideas and projects.

I am hoping the year will be fun and interesting for all of us.

I have started a book group with a friend. We read and discuss a book. This has added such a wonderful dimension to my life. So far we have read and discussed 2 books, are finishing our third book and have plans to watch the movie of the last one. I love to read and I love to analyze what I've read. Good books and good discussion enhanced with coffee. Sigh. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment