Saturday, December 25, 2010

On the Needles

Let me start with what is off the needles. I knitted five pairs of arm warmers that were finished before Christmas, one pair was finished hours before Christmas, but that still counts. I am halfway finished with two more pairs of arm warmers, one finished of each. I actually unraveled a scarf I made with red suede yarn last year, and I have plans to make my Kindle a cozy cover. Have you eve unraveled something to knit it into something else? This was my first time, and since I wasn't happy with the finished product anyway, I really didn't mind.

I was hoping to get a gift card or two to hit the big yarn sale tomorrow at JoAnn Fabrics, but alas, I did not. I still have plenty of yarn to keep me going, anyway. Don't we all?

My next gift project is to knit a cross-body bag for my niece's birthday at the end of January. I'm planning to get some black yarn and embellish the bag with something when it's finished, not sure what. I will try to post pics.

I had a very successful year of knitting. This is one skill I truly enjoy. I love having the ability to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment