Friday, January 14, 2011

My Kindle Cracks 100 Books

This week I officially passed 100 books loaded onto my Kindle. I haven't read them all, yet, and I am comforted to know the at the click of a button, I have a vast library from which to choose.



My latest download is The Forsyte Sage. I saw a blurb for it in Netflix and I always try to read the book before I watch the movie, if possible. This is a pretty good read. There are some slow parts where the author gives details and background about the family and situations, but the dialogue and action is enjoyable and moves the plot along nicely.

4 comments:

  1. Kindle rocks@

    How many books will yours hold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to purchase one. It would make my life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Norma, that is a great question! I have no clue how many books it will hold. I did a little research, but you know everything is in MB totals, so I guess it depends on how big the books are that you download.

    Shelly, I love my Kindle. My reading life is definitely a lot easier and more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have mixed feelings about my Kindle (I stole it from my Dh when he said he preferred paper books but never returned it. It's the original one.) I love the idea of it but don't like spending a lot of money on books. I tend to be a library/ pbswap girl!)

    I am nearly finished with Mary Beth Chapman's book "Choosing to See" which was quite good. Of the long stack I blogged about, I tried the one about the Second Grade and thought it was just okay and moved on. The one about the Autistic boy didn't do it for me either (now you see why I like the library!) but I am really enjoying the book called Oogy and I've nearly finished it. I have one more library book to decide about and then I can go a bit more slowly since the others don't have due dates.

    Have you heard of a book called "One Thousand Wishes?" A fellow blog writer is doing a book club on that book. It looks like it might be good. Available for the Kindle!

    ReplyDelete