Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reading Goals for 2011

Last year my goal was to read 100 books. I don't know if I did, but I know I read more than 50. Having a Kindle really boosted my reading time, I'm not sure why, maybe it's the ability to instantly buy a book I want to read. I read through the Hunger Games trilogy on my Kindle in one weekend and finished the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series on my Kindle and through the library. I read the first two Stieg Larsson books and am halfway through the third, also on my Kindle. I love reading suspense novels on my Kindle because I am prevented from flipping through the book to find out what happens. (I am always doing that and sometimes it really ruins the rest of the book, but I keep doing it because I can't stand the suspense!) I am trying to pace myself on The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I don't want it to end.

So, again, the goal for this year is to read 100 books, with the additional goal of keeping better track of what I read. Currently I am halfway through the Larsson book and halfway through Ahab's Wife, which turned into a real snoozer. I really want to discover a new series or author to read through.

4 comments:

  1. I’m trying to read 100 books this year as well! It’s nice to know that I’m not crazy as many people have told me that reading 100 books in one year is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, it's not crazy! It's totally realistic, esecially if you read authors and books that you enjoy. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi HCM,

    Another bookworm, I love it. I hope you reach your goal of a 100 books, but some of those books,you need to slow down and savor.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia, That's definitely true and I try to remind myself of that when there is a book I am really enjoying. Last year I blazed through most of Agatha Christie and the No. 1 Ladies Det. Agency books and I was so bummed when I reached the end. I read really fast so I need to try to pace myself. I think it helps when I have more than one book going.

    ReplyDelete