Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just the Highlights

So much to tell, so little time to stay inspired to write it all. I swear, every time I get the itch to write on my blog, something happens and then my arms just feel so heavy later, as if I can't even write at all. I get that heavy arm feeling when I'm faced with a daunting task, like carrying those big 2.5 gallons of water into the house. I hate feeling like that for writing, the muse just flees.

My transcription career has stalled out. My TMD is flaring up so bad that my Eustachian tube is inverting my eardrum and I cannot hear out of my right ear well at all. The whole situation has helped me to realize how incredibly unhappy I have been trying to juggle a job on top of everything else I want to do. I was stressed out and just not the best person I can be. So, not a bad trade, I think, my hearing for my sanity. So far, financially, my husband is okay with it. I have been demonstrating how much more productive I can be at home without a job by making dinner, cleaning, and being in a good mood most of the time. I call it Operation Happy Pappy. If I can keep Pappy happy, then maybe he won't want me to work anymore. So far, so good.

The absence of a job has not opened my schedule up at all. I am still rushing about with the kids to get to classes and run errands. This is another way I realized how compressed my days have been with a job. So homeschool has been a lot more free and fun and spontaneous, everything I love about it. We're doing a unit on space right now and learned all about spiders in space. Fascinating stuff. I'm planning to continue this unit study through the rest of the school year, only another 2.5 months.

I have been knitting a lot and gaining more skills in this passion of mine. I have realized how much I love to knit and how it just relaxes me to feel the yarn and hear the clicking of the needles. I carried a bag I made the other day instead of my purse, and I had the most delicious feeling when I reached into it to get my wallet out. I have taught myself how to knit in the round on circulars and also with double-pointed needles. Socks cannot be far off!


For my birthday, my husband let me get a tattoo on my inner wrist. I found some pictures and took them to my artist who did an amazing job bringing the idea to life. The picture is a hummingbird hovering over a flower that contains a book, in front of a sun peeking from behind clouds, and a 4-leaf clover hidden in the cloud. I absolutely love it. The colors are vibrant and the whole tattoo is just totally me.

So. There you go. Highlights.

1 comment:

  1. Yup. The home stuff will keep you busy for sure.

    ReplyDelete