Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is My Day - So Far

Things have to get better from here, although I know I shouldn't say that, or even think it.

I was awakened at 4:45 a.m. by what sounded like my children screaming and being attacked. We have a monitor in their shared bedroom and we keep it on during the night, for our own security and for theirs. Anyway, the screaming woke me out of a deep sleep and I instantly turned to wake my husband. Funny thing that, I always thought I would rush out of bed and into their room, but apparently I need backup. Lo and behold, my husband was not in bed and then I realized that I was hearing our new chihuahua yelping because my husband had just left for work. Dang it!

I have always struggled with getting up early. Not today. When you are woken up to the perceived screams of your children, your heart is racing and adrenaline pumping, there is no going back to sleep. No way. If I tried, I know I would just lay there thinking that maybe someone WAS going to break in and this was my warning. Right? I know you know what I mean! So how could I go back to sleep? Nah.

I embraced the plan for the day and put on my cozies, brewed a pot of French Roast, and decided to have a few hours to myself, with the chihuahua, and catch up on reading my favorite blogs. I'm so glad that I did because I found this site and have been having so much fun there already. It's a website for bookworms like me. Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Shelfari rocks! I'm on there too!

    I haven't logged in a while, I used Goodreads website more.

    I don't have your email address and I'd like to respond to your comment you left on my blog! Toss me an email please! knitpurlmama at gmail dot com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Goodreads junkie too. I love it. Shelfari is fun, but Goodreads rules to me. I am a bookwork too.

    ReplyDelete