Saturday, April 16, 2011

stinkR Donates - Scarf 2


Today I finished scarf #2 and it came out beautifully. I am constantly thinking about and praying for the woman who will receive this as a gift on Mother's Day. I sure hope she likes it as much as I do! The colors are vibrant and the garter border seems to keep the stockinette from curling in too much. I need to find another quick pattern to use. I'm not happy with the curling issue and I don't want to have to block every scarf. I don't have the room or the time to do that.



See? This is my work area, a tv tray. I would love to set up a small craft table next to my chair so I could work in the living room with everyone, but still have enough room to spread out. On the needles you can see scarf #3. I keep a few projects going so if I get bored with one I can switch to something else. Scarf #3 is awe-some and I can't wait to post some pictures here. I am planning to crochet a border around it since the pattern is very simple and the yarn is one color. Each scarf needs to have some character, some pizazz, so the women feel like they are getting something special and not mass produced.

On to the next! I am starting scarf #4 riiiiight now.

2 comments:

  1. It is a very lovely scarf. It is very vibrant and colorful. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Regina. I'm glad you think so!

    ReplyDelete