Friday, July 15, 2011


This is the new project I started last week, a blanket for myself. I keep finding myself with time to fill and I thought it would be helpful to start something easy and long. I think this is a time-marking project, something to work on during this hard season of my life, and when it's done I can look back and have something to show for it, something I put my effort into to keep myself from losing my mind. I started with a garter border and went into some basket weave pattern, but I lost track of what I was doing when I got interrupted, so now it's just stockinette. I'm planning to let the patterns flow in and out of the blanket as the mood moves me and add some color, too. The yarn I am using is cheap yarn, but I love the color: coffee. Perfect.


Another thing I did to boost myself up a little was clean out my desk. Things in my room looked so bland. One thing I have always wanted to do is paint my bedroom and actually get a bedroom set. Never happened. So as I cleaned out my desk I kept finding pictures that the kids had colored for me and I decided to hang the artwork on the wall. I was surprised at how much it really does brighten the room and makes it cozier. I'll be spending a lot more time in here, I think, so I'm glad I made it look nice. My desk looks a lot nicer, too, with all the silly little junk put away and my books arranged more neatly. I put up some cards from my sister that are funny and also some that have birds on them. I can't believe I waited this long to really personalize my little space. I'm very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment