Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today's agenda is physical education nonstop almost. The kids have PE and then we have dinner and then we spend another night at the park for each of them to have practice with their teams. I wouldn't mind so much if it was still summer and the nights were warm, but I'm tired of freezing my butt off on the metal bleachers!

The best thing about today will be all the knitting. I can knit during PE and then again during practices. I'm hoping to finish the Halloween arm warmers and get them posted on Etsy soon. Soon! I love knitting at PE with my friends. There is a large group of women who knit there, but I really just sit with my friend and we chat and knit. It's usually a great, relaxed day and I'm ready for one of those.

Not much else is going on. I'm still struggling with dinner. Why is that? Shouldn't I have a handle on this issue? (ha ha, what issue do I have a handle on right now at all??? None!) I just can't get my act together on this one. I need to get back to the whole menu planning and grocery shopping routine. My brain just hasn't been focusing on this area. (ha ha, what is it focusing on? Nothing!) But, seriously, this needs to change. I miss fresh fruits and veggies. I hate seeing the kids eating so much snack food and junk. If I could change one thing about my life immediately, this would be the thing. Also, I would get someone to cook and shop for me, but I don't think that's going to happen. Although, my DH has really stepped up to the plate (literally) on this one and has even gone to the grocery store on his lunch break to help me out. That's major. But I feel like this is an area that falls to me, being the one who is at home during dinner prep hours, and I want to get it under control. We'll see.

Today's goal is to stay in the moment, not think too much about too much, and focus on what's good in my life. I have a good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment