Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I've been so busy these past couple days, I haven't really been inspired to write. But I don't want to lose the routine of coming here and emptying my brain, so here I am.

Meal planning is definitely going better. I got the crockpot out yesterday since I knew I would be out with the kids all day. I made some round steak with carrots and potatoes. It was delicious! After freezing during Professor X's flag football game, we were all happy to come home to a cozy dinner. Today Princess O has volleytennis practice, and it's been raining most of the day, so I made some potato soup, always a great hit with the family. So the house smells wonderful right now and I am less stressed because dinner is already made.


The Monday routine seems to be set now. I drop the older kids off at their classes and head to the laundromat with Mr. M to do laundry and schoolwork. He isn't too distracted by everything happening at the laundromat and we actually can get a lot done. I even stay and fold all the clothes since there's usually about 20 minutes between the wash finishing and picking up the kids. I really like this laundromat. The owners keep it very clean and it's not really crowded at all. There are tables and vending machines in addition to supersize washers. Plus it's close to the house and the class. Yesterday the owner saw me unloading the clothes into a cart to take inside and he came out and took it all in for me. Did I mention I won the raffle? Yep, a $10 laundry card and my picture is still posted with the other winners. So cool!


(I'm seriously procrastinating right now. I should be writing learning records for our charter school meeting tomorrow but I'm blogging instead. Oh, well. Everything will get done in its own time. Right? No? Oh, yeah, I have to do it still. It won't write itself. Boo.)

We have such a great time watching Professor X playing flag football. He's really into the game and very focused, which is not his personality outside of video games. I love cheering for him and watching him chase down the other team's players. He rips their flags off like a pro! The only thing I don't like is how cold it is outside! Of course, being in SoCal, I realize that's relative and I should just make sure I wear pants a heavier jacket so I will be comfortable. I used to live in Ohio and NJ where it was truly freezing. What a wimp I've become! Here is a pic from last night's game. I was struck by the color of the sky and the way the lights lit up the field. My DH was so nice and brought me a pumpkin spice to enjoy and get warm with, delicious! But see, the coach and most of the players, and DH, were all wearing shorts, so I know it wasn't really THAT cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment