Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We have been so incredibly busy, so very, very, very busy. Professor X said he doesn't want to play basketball and I'm tempted to let him sit this one out since it would allow us some breathing room. Between volleytennis and his flag football we are at the park every day except one, usually Thursday, which is great since that's our TV night. But, until the beginning of November, we are locked into this busy routine.

Last night I prepped a lot of homeschool stuff. I've been flying by the seat of my pants and I think it's caught up to me. I've been feeling so stressed out the past couple days. I have the rest of the week set and planned out, so hopefully that will help me relax. I found an old school book that I used with Professor X in kindergarten, Making the Grade, and thanked God. I've been at my creative wits' end with Mr. M and science and social studies, but this book definitely points me in the right direction. Excellent. Two points for me for finding it buried in the homeschool closet.

I've been squeezing some knitting into my days. Yesterday I learned the airy garter stitch while I waited for the kids to get out of art class. Such a beautiful and simple stitch! I foresee a lot of projects with this one, scarves, arm warmers, bags, just about anything. I finally finished the arm warmers I was working on, the raspberry and the Halloween. I have to seam the Halloween pair carefully though so the black doesn't show through where the orange stripes are. DH said he thought it would look cool, and it might since it's Halloween and the stitches are black, but I'm undecided. I'll post a pic when I finish them.

I've been feeling a lot better this week so far. DH has a show tonight with his jazz band, really a big deal. They're playing at a well-known restaurant, kind of an audition to get a paying gig. But my point is that I will be on my own with the kids for several hours tonight. Night is my struggle. My brain goes into those familiar ruts and it's hard to pull out. My plan is to knit and watch TV until DH gets home. Hopefully that will help. I hate knowing that I can't trust my brain, but at least that means I know myself, I understand myself, I realize I have limitations. That has to be good, right?

1 comment:

  1. I have to go look up airy garter stitch now!!!! Stay sane
    life gets calmer...but then they are out on their own

    ReplyDelete