Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Little of This and A Little of That

Today I went for a run through our new neighborhood today. The trees are changing colors (trees!) and I actually crunched leaves on the sidewalk as I ran. I loved it! The fact that I can put on my running shoes anytime and just run a few blocks makes all the difference. I have about 20 pounds to drop and while I can't do it by the end of the year, I think I can do it by my birthday next year. Just having the freedom to get some fresh air and run whenever I need to is a great thought!

So we moved, yep. Did I mention that before? We are in an area not too far from where we were living, but the atmosphere is totally different. The weather is more extreme, too. But I love it. I feel like I needed a change, a big change, and it actually happened for once. Good for me.

I'm still looking for a book to read, something to grab my imagination and not let go. Still searching. I've tried a few samples on my Kindle, but nothing outstanding. The search continues. I like it better when someone else suggests the book and reads with me. I have more of an open mind and stronger resolve to read, especially when it's a book I wouldn't normally choose for myself. Boo.

Knitting is still breathing for me. I have so many projects going. My main goal right now is to finish the white skein on the busy blanket I'm making so I can start the next color. The blanket is my own personal project and I'm using only coffee colors. White is milk. :) The next color is caramel. I think I might start adding a green stripe or two between colors, for Starbucks, you know.

I see the end of the year approaching and my mind is turning over themes for next year, goals and things to achieve. One area is definitely facing my fears. I'm so tired of being afraid of things. First up is going to be my fear of the Tower of Terror. Sounds dumb, I know, but that ride scares the hell out of me on so many levels! Elevators, heights, free falling, just to name a few. So 2012 will be the Year of Facing Fears.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Slow and steady. Glad you like the new house.

    ReplyDelete