Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaBloPoMo - Day 2

I'm really going for it this year. Usually I'm out of NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) by day 2, but not this year! I've doubled my commitment and made it another day over my previous record. Yay me!

A couple recent events have been weighing on me and now I am finally going to blog them since I just now got the pictures off my phone. Yay me! I'm being so productive today already. (did I mention I've taken a shower, too? See what getting up early can do?)

The Yarn Harlot is one of my favorite people. She has a wicked sense of humor that I love and I read her blog faithfully. She is a knitter of the best sort, a realistic one. Her knitting drama is entertaining and absorbing, how else do you captivate your readers with a yarn about burning a sweater and then surgically repairing it? It was a tense few days on the blog with that one! Anyway, she was on tour and I was lucky enough to be able to attend her book signing in Pasadena (which I didn't realize was so far or I might not have gone). My knitting friend from the homeschool PE class and  I went together and it was great.

Here is the view from where we were sitting at the back of the bookstore. So many knitters, who knew? Not the bookstore! They were clearly overwhelmed and the books sold out.
The head has been removed to protect the identity of the knitter. This knitter had low-rise jeans on. This knitter's shirt had ridden halfway up her back. That's right, full view of her butt crack! At first, when the chairs behind this knitter became available, my friend and I thought we got very lucky. Then we sat down. For a few minutes we tried to have normal conversation. I was trying to be nonchalant about it, not sure if my friend would think it as hilarious as I thought. Finally, though, my friend started laughing and said, "I'm sorry, but  I'm just going to stare at you so I don't look at that!" We were both rolling! A great moment. Definitely one I will never forget. You know how butt cracks are, we couldn't look away! Why is that? I don't want to look at a knitter's butt crack! But there it was, looking at me. What should we have done? We discussed telling her, but decided not to.  I don't know why. Wouldn't you want to know? I would. But we didn't tell her. Eventually she pulled her shirt down, which helped a little, but what she really needed to do was change her jeans. I'm pretty sure her friend sitting next to her knew what had happened. She didn't tell her either! And now this knitter lives in infamy in my memory, her and her glaring butt crack. 
And here I am with the Yarn Harlot! We were some of the very last knitters to get books signed, but Stephanie was so friendly and funny in spite of having to be exhausted and sick of smiling. I think we look like we could be related. Right? Next time I'll bring a sock.

One dream I have always had, living in Southern California, is to have annual passes to Disneyland. My dream finally came true because the older kids had a homeschool class there and I "had" to go, and Mr. M "had" to go, so we got passes. Yay! Then I convinced DH to join us after work, and he got a pass, too. We've already had one date to California Adventure, but that's another blog.

So here are Professor X and Princess O participating in the homeschool science class. Princess O came away totally inspired and now has added Imagineer to her career list. She has big ideas for a Tinkerbell ride. Mr. M and I went on some rides while we waited for them. We spent a great day together and I'm so excited that we have passes now! It was a great family day.
Waiting to get on Star Tours, an awesome ride!
Princess O couldn't keep up the banter with Cinderella's wicked stepmother. This lady was mean and rude and we loved it. (The villains were out since it was almost Halloween)

And now it's Christmas and I can't wait to go back and see the parade and all the beautiful decorations!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome about Disney! I have met the yarn harlot a few times,she is always a pleasure to chat with. I need to get my hands on her latest book.

    ReplyDelete