Here is a list of things I have been doing lately.
- Homeschool - I've really stayed on my game this month and we've gotten a lot of math done. I can see the kids are really getting it. Practice makes perfect. I gave them each a science project to work on and they've been doing great with that, too. I feel good about this meeting coming up. I just need to make sure I give myself enough time to write the learning logs. Boo.
- I colored my hair black cherry. Really. I've had the itch to color my hair for a long time, and I finally did it. I love it. My hair looks almost purple and my DH said I look like a fairy. Love it! Of course, I had dyer's remorse a couple hours after I did it, when it looked so dark and black, but by morning I was resigned to it and actually smiled at myself when I looked in the mirror. Yep. I love it.
- The new house is being slowly decorated and put together, mostly by me. I don't mind. For once in my life I am enjoying seeing my home come together. I am driven by the desire to make it my own. I put a Klimt poster on the wall and a coffepot clock in the kitchen. This place is feeling like home more and more.
- My health class has been very helpful. I am able to spot mood shifts from farther off and combat the negativity with positivity. "I give birth to the light in me." I know it sounds corny, maybe, but to me it means that I'm no longer depending on another person to get me through, to turn the light on inside of me. I am turning the light on for myself.
- I started reading Beach Music by Pat Conroy. This book was given to me and it's a big, fat read. I am really enjoying it so far. I love Pat Conroy novels, so it's almost a no-brainer. I can't wait to load up my Kindle though. And there's a movie for all the Janet Evanovitch Stephanie Plum mysteries, yes! And The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie! And the new Sherlock Holmes movie! Lots of good stuff coming out.
***I forgot to add that I've started running! How could I forget that? There is a wonderful area to run through my neighborhood, up to the cemetary and back again is about four miles. I love it. The fresh air and the exertion are blissfully intoxicating. I love the freedom of being spontaneous and running out the door and back again. I just need to get up early enough to do it during the week now. I joined a challenge on DailyMile to run 25 miles by December 25th. I think I can make it. So far I've done about 8 miles.
I also checked my reading challenge to myself to read 100 books this year. I don't think I'm going to make it! I think I will give myself until my birthday to reach that goal!