Tuesday, December 27, 2011

So This Was My Day

Today was a day for getting things done. I don't like to do housework when my dh is home because I feel that is time best spent together, family time. So I had a list in my mind of things I wanted to take care of around the house. For instance, dishes.

Washing dishes is not what it once was. I no longer have a dishwasher so everything must be hand washed and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. On the one hand, it gives me a chance to clear my mind and focus on the task at hand, some quiet time to sort through my thoughts. But, it also makes my hands incredibly pruny and then incredibly dry. Dry hands are not good for knitting. Yarn snags on dry skin and I end up with little bits of fuzz stuck to the ends of my fingers and cuticles. Yes, I know, the easy solution is to wear gloves or put lotion on. I know. I just haven't gotten any gloves because I always forget when I'm at the store. Also, I have this lotion in my purse that smells amazing, and I really don't mind putting it on, when I think about it. Mostly though, I pick yarn off my fingertips and shake my head.

Another task accomplished today was the installation of my homeschool shelves into their designated space. Then I was able to unpack and organize a lot of my supplies, with an aim of getting thoroughly set up before winter break is over in another week. I was pleased with the way things are located in the house. Whatever is not essential is not in the living space. Having storage space is definitely a luxury we didn't have before.

I also went to a doctor's appointment, or so I thought. Turns out it was just the processing appointment. You don't get to see a doctor the first time, tricked you! But I guess that was good since the person I met with turned out to be a real jackass. He kept emphasizing how I needed to go back to school and finish my degree. Really?! Look, mutha*, I'm 30-awesome years old and so far have encountered nothing that made me regret having a family and not finishing school. I think he didn't realize my age. I look young and usually that works in my favor, except in the instance of the occasional jackass. Like this one.

I watched another documentary about the fashion world, "Picture Me", about Sara Ziff. I'm fascinated with these behind-the-runway glimpses of fashion. Modeling was never in my plan. My sister was the pretty one. (I was the pretty funny one, ha!) But I have always enjoyed reading fashion magazines and even now I never miss an issue of InStyle. "Picture Me" was a great look at Sara's career and choices, with input from other models. I think it's interesting how she chose to...at the end, but you have to watch it for yourself! Check it out. Netflix Instant. I've decided to pay more attention to the way I walk. :)

Speaking of walking, no, I didn't run today. Back at it tomorrow I think.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you have a Happy New year too!

    ReplyDelete