Sunday, January 29, 2012

A quickie with a Pic

Just when my blog started getting a lot of hits, I backed off. Ah, well. Here I am again.

This is me, today, reading a so-so Single on my Kindle and enjoying a mug of fresh java while cozily nestled under a quilt my grandmother just made for me. She is a passionate quilter although she hasn't made quilts for a while. She has been focusing on her writing. I love this quilt! It's perfect for being cozy and pursuing my favorite activities, reading and coffee drinking.

Things at home were getting settled a bit, but we are now in full preparation mode as my big sister and her family are coming to visit soon! We have new carpet in the family room and just had a new door installed. I could explain it all, but I think I will save that for another blog entry. Suffice it to say, there are at least five doors that lead into this house that I can think of, six if you count sliders. Wow! This last door was needful, though, we all agreed.

Life in Claremont is good.

2 comments:

  1. a gran who makes you quilt? YOU live right girl!!! I LOVE It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded the ebook - is it any good? ps- what's a Kindle Single? Just wondering the lingo!? I have kindle on my ipad, and I'm new to using it!

    ReplyDelete