Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So This Was My Day

I am so tired tonight, but I am hoping to get at least a week into NaBloPoMo before I miss a day. Here I am, not much to report, but here is a rundown of the day.

No, I did not get up and run. I was too tired and I gave myself permission to miss a day. I told myself I needed to recover and rest from the previous day's run. Remember that one? The half mile in 20 minutes? Yeah. It was tough. Will I run tomorrow? Everything in me right now says NO. But maybe, just maybe, I will. The kids have PE tomorrow so I may take that opportunity to check out the running trail at the park. Of course, that cuts into my free time, aka knitting time. So, we'll see.


Life is tough here in SoCal in the "winter." Here is my baby, getting some sun in our unbelievably warm January. I read somewhere that our area has an "unseason." I think that is a great way to describe the weather. My kids have no clue about seasons and how to tell if things in nature are changing. I've taught them to look at how people are decorating the palm trees and what decorations Target has on display. Of course, our Target has bathing suits out next to the Christmas clearance items, so sometimes that doesn't help.



The day was so lovely we headed outside in the morning for some schooltime before it got too hot. (that's right, too HOT) The kids loved it and got their work done quickly so they could go play. I loved sipping my coffee in the sunshine. We all won.

I spent the evening in the kitchen cooking batches of chicken wings, lemon pepper, garlic parmesan, and bbq. I also made 2 pizzas and had dh run to the store for Pepsi. It was like Pizza Hut, except I had to do all the work. The wings came out delicious and with a little tweaking I think we have a new family favorite. The kids really ate them up and finding a dish to please them all is not easy. DH gave his usual "they're good," which is about what I expect. Although, I was kind of hoping for a very enthusiastic response given how long I was in the kitchen and how much effort went into it all, but hey, at least he didn't put hot sauce on them before he tasted them. That's definitely an improvement.

I spent the rest of the evening finishing a comfort scarf to donate to Handmade Especially For You, a charity that sends scarves to abused women's shelters. I have set a goal for myself of sending off three scarves a month, and I have one finished already. The one I worked on tonight is a chunky rib with a garter stitch pocket on each end. I love it. I hope the recipient will love it, too.

I was knitting while we watched the final Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Meh. My favorite is the second movie in the series, and the last one fell far short of that.

To sum it up, beautiful weather, great school session, delicious dinner, and time to knit. Absolutely a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I can help the kids with the season changes.......
    You are so funny to say they watch how people decorate! Chicago winter is brutal but this year is too warm and odd for me so far!

    Good for you and your charity knitting goal.....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete