Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday is Acting Like Monday

That's it for me. I'm putting up my feet and just letting this day run its course.

Does anyone else have family members that drive them crazy? I love my mother, and today she is dancing on my last nerve. We started the day with a terrible phone conversation and it's just hanging on me, weighing me down. It's so hard to let things go, especially where my mother is involved. I want my relationship with her to be sugar and spice and everything nice! It's work, like any relationship. Right? Someone needs to write a book about mother-daughter relationships and how to keep them healthy. Some kind of guilt-free, heavy on the love plan. There is a buffer zone of hundreds of miles between us! We should be able to have a splendid time on the phone at least. I've decided not to answer my phone before I've had my mornjng coffee. That's a start.

I spent the rest of the day working on projects for homeschool, always fun. We transplanted the cotton plants and now most of them are limp. Ack! Do plants go into shock? I'm hoping they bounce back. Otherwise, I guess our experiment will need a new hypothesis: "If you try to grow cotton plants from seeds, they will die." We'll see.

My chihuahua tried to attack the postman for a second time. Dang. We had the dog outside with us and Professor X had just checked for the postman, but suddenly he was at the gate and PB went ballistic. I know she's small, but I don't blame the guy for being scared. He was covering his ankles with my Better Homes magazine! I'm sure I'll think about it later and laugh, but im worried we might get a citation. It was pretty funny, though.

So, after mother issues and limp cotton plants and an ankle-attacking chihuahua, let's put this Wednesday to bed, shall we? I've got a lasagna in the oven and a fresh mug of coffee by my side. My feet are up and my knitting bag is within reach. Aahh. Yarn therapy, just what I need.

1 comment:

  1. If you find a book on Dad's and daughters let me know. MY BP goes up justin thinking about calling him. So demanding. HE gets on my last nerve too!

    Yarn therapy.....ahhh yes. The better homes scene is making me laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete