Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zumba Rush - I'm a Zumba Rocker!

My current attempt at weight loss is motivated by some family members visiting next month. I haven't seen them for a while, maybe a year or more, so I'm not sure what I looked like when they last saw me. Add to that the fact that I'm totally sick of myself right now, and I am really making an effort to lose this weight.

I am carrying a couple bags of potatos around my middle and upper arms. So gross. I feel like an overstuffed pillow, you know? So I started diet and exercise, two dreaded words when applied to lifestyle.

My diet is the hungry diet, only eat when you feel hungry. I made it up for myself and I usually revert to this when I think I'm not eating right. I made sure I had some healthy food that I like in the house, like oatmeal and salad, and, sigh, I'm on coffee and water only. So far, it's been a week or so, I feel better. No soda, easy. I rarely drink it anyway, but water is not my favorite thing to drink. Thankfully our lemon tree has been producing, and I bought some strawberries, too. Strawberry ice water is delicious, try it.

Exercise has been tough. This hill (shudder) is seriously kicking my butt. I love to get out and run, but just thinking about going up that hill prevents me from getting out there! So, I have joined the Zumba craze that is sweeping the nation, and I love it! Tonight I had sweat dripping down my face while I Zumba'd. It was awesome! I'm using the XBox Kinect so I get to see my results. Zumba Rocker, that's me. I just have to laugh though, because I swear I'm just moving my arms and legs like an offbeat, energetic dancer, not even close to the pro I'm following! I forbid anyone to watch me! I want to just get up there and let myself go and not worry about what I really look like. Right?

So, Zumba is good. Diet is good. Hopefully the weight will drop. I have four weeks. Let's see what I can do.

1 comment:

  1. GOod for YOU!!! Im still sitting on my arse....but I have every intention of buying a hoola hoop....

    I would have a really hard time without my coke...Strawberry water sounds lovely though!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete