Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Be Sore, Not Sorry - Day 37 (Among Other Things)

Day 37, success! I walked 2.5 miles this afternoon, opting to walk to Mr. M's baseball game instead of ride. Not a real scenic walk, but the point was just to do it. So it was done.



I love how my Nikes and Shape-Ups are always out now. If they aren't buried at the bottom of the shoe pile, I know I'm doing what I need to do. Lacing up and kicking some asphalt!



Chicks in a box! These are a few of the chicks that hatched in the incubator that was at our overseer's house. The kids participated in this group project for the Ag Fair. I'm surprised they hatched! None of my projects like this ever turn out. I end up saying to the kids, "Well, what should have happened is..." and they have this disappointed look on their face. These chicks were so cute! They were peeping and making all kinds of little noises, running around their box, and pooping everywhere. Definitely a good time!

My little chickie was like a Chick Whisperer. She had a chick or two in her hands the whole time we were there. These little guys felt so cozy and comfy they fell asleep while she was holding them. Aww!

Dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say IM so relieved you didn't go out for chicken dinner!! Too real!

    Ag projects are the coolest. As a city/suburban kid I missed out on that part of life. I think it is soooo cool. And so neat and necessary to teach kids. YOU are doing a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete