Monday, April 23, 2012

Be Sore, Not Sorry - Day 38 (Random Thoughts)

Today's schedule was tight, but I squeezed my two miles in after dinner. Whew! I took some new turns through the neighborhood and enjoyed it much more than I did yesterday. I put on my running music from last summer and that was the extra boost I needed. But, I am avoiding the scale. I'm trying not to think about it. I think I will let my clothes do the talking, you know? Things might fit looser, less form-fitting, that kind of thing...

I'm trying to get my mind out of this rut. You know, where you think about the same issues, same worries, same old thing day after day after day. I imagine I have this groove in my brain that is so deep it's hard to break out. But I'm trying. I have been redirecting my thoughts more vigilantly, directing them toward positive things, good things. I think it's one of those I-Just-Need-A-Really-Good-Cry kind of things. Maybe a movie will do the trick. What should it be? I need an emotionally draining flick...

We got to see the chicks that hatched in the incubator. Princess O was in love! She held a chick in each hand the whole time. Both chicks fell asleep, so cozy and comfortable they were! I told her she has a gentle way with animals and perhaps she should consider becoming a veterinarian. She agreed, but that would be her second choice. Her first job is to be an artist. We then both had the idea of her doing pet portraits for people. She was really excited about that idea! Who knows...

Tomorrow is another day. The older kids are testing all day while I hang with Mr. M. I finally cast on the black and white bag I've been mentally patterning for the last week. Felt good to get it out, get it going. Speaking of going, I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment