Thursday, April 19, 2012

Be Sore, Not Sorry - Day 42

So last night I was checking out some fitness websites and nothing caught my attention. I noticed there were forums, but I am not interested in anyone's comments (except yours, my beloved reader) about my progress or lack thereof. I perused a few weight loss diaries, and I thought, hey, I don't need to start anything new, I can do it on my blog! I'm so smart it's scary. (But seriously, how dumb I didn't think of this before.) I am calling this my Be Sore, Not Sorry Campaign. I was inspired by this awesome pic...


Here begins Day 42 of a countdown to my trip to Washington state to see my sister. I have 42 days to do something about this extra weight. Numbers don't matter, except on my pedometer. I have weighed and measured myself, ahem, but I will simply log my day to day struggles and success (hopefully) here to share with you. I sure hope this gets me going! Maybe it will get you going, too, and you can tell me about it. I would love to know I'm not alone.

My plan is to exercise, a walk/run combo around the neighborhood and up the monstrous hill. I have a good handle on eating right, usually. My goal is to exercise every single day, on my own or with the kids, everything counts. I have no excuses! I have a new workout dvd with resistance bands! If I want to have fun and sweat, I can use Just Dance 3! I just have to move this bag of fat and bones!

I told my dh I needed a coach, and he laughed and said, "Don't look at me!" He's right! We are both in this struggle together. I need an outside influence to keep me accountable. So, dear reader, you are it. I am planning to start this day (Day42) with an early walk/run and then be diligent in what I eat.

Stick with me and cheer me on!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!

    After quite a few years of very very very sporadic exercise, I decided to get of my butt (that was ominously close to outgrowing even my FAT clothes) and do something about it.

    So....in August 2011 I starting using sparkpeople.com (I'd joined about 5 years ago and DONE NOTHING) to track my calories and also give myself goals. I also joined runkeeper.com to track my exercise. It is a beautiful thing to see how far I've come....when I started 30 minutes 3X a week was a struggle I am now up to 6-7 days a week hiking or biking and my friends have started texting me on Tuesday to see where I am hiking to come along on Saturday morning.

    30+ lbs lost and 1000 miles logged since last August on my bike or hiking. If you want to join my street team, it's under shinz3 at cox dot net.

    Starting is often the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL cheer you on! Maybe I can join in soon

    ReplyDelete