Sunday, April 8, 2012

Erupting Art - Volcanoes

The kids made clay volcanoes at the art studio last week. They sculpted and painted and finally got to bring them home, along with a suggestion from the teacher that they fill them with baking soda and vinegar. Instant science project!

Mr. M was so excited to do this. He nagged and nagged about it all day. I turned this project over to my hubby, with the promise that if he did the volcanoes and Easter egg dying, I would peel all the potatoes he needed for the mashed potatoes he is preparing. I think I got the better end of that deal, considering he only needed eight potatoes, muahahahaha!



I love this art studio. The detail and colors on the projects the kids do consistently blow my mind. Don't these look amazing?
We've set up our family room as an area to display all their projects since they are so well done.


These volcanoes did not disappoint!
Princess O had such a narrow opening that the vinegar was actually shooting out the top!
Art + Science = Fun!


1 comment:

  1. Always fun stuff. Have to make learning a good time!

    ReplyDelete