Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodwill Finds

Shopping at thrift stores is one of my very favorite pastimes. I love to peruse, to browse, to hunt through the store for some hidden treasure. Typically, I get lucky with clothes. I've found some truly terrific jackets, a red military style, a green corduroy, a fabulous long gray-black sweater. I am currently searching for funky t-shirts and bright colored jeans, along with the usual knitting needles and the like.

Tonight, being Thursday, is my weekly date with my hubby. I look forward to dinner out and some shopping, sans kids. We have adult conversation and have tried many of the restaurants in our area. Some good, some not, but the time out is always fun. We ate at a hamburger stand tonight. The food was exactly what you would expect from a hamburger stand, but since I was in the mood for a bacon avocado cheeseburger, I was satisfied. (Hubby researches all our outings on Yelp and then posts reviews, but that's another post.)

There is a thrift store near where we ate, so we headed in. Score! I found a pair of fabulously purple jeans! They're in the wash right now, so no pic yet. I want to wear them tomorrow to a big family dinner. They are gorgeous! I got them for $7 and then went to Target and saw a similar pair for $26. Yay me!

I also spotted this item, and being a knitter, I knew I had to have it.


Cool, right? I wondered if it was worth more than the $3 I spent on it, and lo and behold, after a little Internet research, I learned there should be a pair, not just one. Boo. Alas, I will not be able to go back to look for the second carder tomorrow! Hubby has volunteered to go search the shelves of the thrift store for me tomorrow. I want the other brush! I want the complete set! Not because they're worth anything, but I just think it's a cool thing to have, as a knitter, you know, with the wool and all. Someday I may spin my own wool, so, hey, I could possibly use them. Anyway, this is definitely added to the list of treasures discovered at the thrift store.


Here is a picture of a crazy bass fishing mug that I saw at the thrift store, but didn't buy. It was too expensive, like $6 or something, but isn't it awesome! I love the big open-mouth fish handle! Hmm. Maybe I'll tell dh to pick it up for me when he goes back tomorrow. There is actually a set, so maybe we can each use one. Ha ha! I was totally amused. I think I have to have it.

Tomorrow I will try to post a pic of myself wearing the purple pants. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. oooooghhh purple pants at resale???? and a wool tool! YOu hit the jackpots.

    I love the big mouth bass coffee mug, but I bet i'd break it ......
    what a great father's day gift for a fisher father

    ReplyDelete