Sunday, May 6, 2012

Be Sore, Not Sorry - Day 19

I am on the right. (not really, but you know what I mean.)


Friends, I just blew my own mind when I realized that after walking my three miles today, I have walked a total of 18 miles this week! I can't believe it! This has definitely fueled my fire. I'm so glad that Daily Mile starts the week on Monday. This way I can kick off the week inspired to do even better!

So in 19 days we will be on the road to visit my sister and her family in Washington state. My hope is to help her get in the habit of walking, too. She lives in a beautiful neighborhood and I know the walking will be bliss for me, sister chatting! I think I would enjoy my walking so much more with a partner. I love when my husband joins me, but that's not every day.

I have weighed myself, yes. The numbers have finally moved a little, teeny bit, in the right direction. Yay me! This is where I can make it or break it. I have got to stick with the plan, three miles a day, and this weight will slowly drop off all over the neighborhood.

Join me! Start small with a daily goal of minutes or miles. If I can do it, anyone can!

8 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I should walk, I know it is great for you and a stress reliever too. I hate that we have no sidewalks in this area. I am from the city and I did a lot more walking there. Keep up the good work...Great that your hubby joins in sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, I know, without sidewalks I wouldn't be out there. I used to go to a track every day and it's so much nicer being able to just walk right out the front door instead. I do find I'm much more relaxed and don't battle insomnia as much when I get so much exercise.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on continuing the running and good luck to getting your sister to join you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the support of my readers that really gets me out there, too.

      Delete
  3. Well I am home on vacation this week, so I have one less excuse....maybe I'll walk this afternoon after my nap! You are inspiring ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your vacation, kathy! I certainly hope you do something way more fun than exercise! But let me know if you get out there. You won't be sorry that you do! Wouldn't it be fantastic if knitting burned calories in a massive way?

      Delete
  4. I walked yesterday after being inspired by you. I may go again today. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kathy, that's so incredibly awesome! Good for you! I'm glad for the company. :)

      Delete