Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Be Sore, Not Sorry - Day 8

I am up early, ready to kick some as-phalt! I am in high gear now, less than 10 days remain before our road trip. I have not weighed myself again, nor will I until the day before we leave. I'm scared. I keep waiting for that wonderful day of realizing hey, all my clothes fit better, my face looks thinner. Not yet.
How can this be? All the effort, sweat, denying myself extra calories, it has got to pay off eventually. Right? I mean, I know it won't happen overnight, but after this series of daily activity, I expect to see a significant change. Sigh. What is it about hitting 30 and then 35+ that makes weight loss such a battle?

** After writing this, I decided to measure myself, not weight but inches. I love the pedometer app I have on my phone. It required me to enter my dimensions when I started to use it for my walking. Get this. I have lost 2 inches off my waist and 3.5 inches off my hips! Boo-yah! I am so happy! Yes! All this is totally worth it. My sweat and self-discipline is paying off. **



So, here I go again. Walking three miles in the morning air. I get to watch the neighborhood waking up. I see snail trails and streams of ants busy about the day. I hear birds chattering, see squirrels scampering. People are cooking and watering lawns and warming up cars, entering the day in their own way. And so I walk and walk and walk past. Three miles between me and my first cup of coffee.

1 comment: