Oh Em Gee, this camping experience was really something. Here's a quick list as a teaser for posts to come. I have plenty of writing material from this weekend!
- The troop leaders are professional campers and extremely organized.
- The troop leaders know how to get things done.
- I got to spend time with Princess O and get to know some of the other girls.
- I learned a lot of tips and tricks for camping with my own family.
- I learned how to bake cookies using a foil-lined cardboard box.
- The troop leaders are anal about their camping stuff.
- The troop leaders are control freaks.
- I realized that I don't like many children, other than my own.
- Sleeping six people in a six-person tent is not possible.
- Wearing a bra for three days straight is not good.
- I saw one girl stick her hand down her pants and scratch her butt, then wipe her hand on her pants.
- I saw one girl (not the same one) scratch her tooth then help mix the GORP with the same finger that had just been in her mouth.
- The art of table manners has been lost.
- No soap in the bathroom, at all, at any time, and no one asking for antibacterial hand wash.
- A lot of the leaders of other troops had front butts and short shirts.
I was exhausted and probably would not do it again unless I had friends going, too. I was so happy to get home!