Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day Trip to Seattle - Starbucks and Turkish Delight

Of course, one highlight of our visit to WA is always the day trip into Seattle. I love the whole experience of taking the ferry into the city and walking up all those stairs to Pike's Market, purchasing a new mug for my collection from the original Starbucks, and eating at Turkish Delight. We've done this trip a few times now and it is one of my favorite memories every time.

The dock area as we waited to board the ferry to Seattle. I love seeing all the boats and birds and the kids always spot starfish and jellyfish in the water.

 The weather was cloudy and chilly, typical for the area and definitely added to the whole experience of going to Seattle.

Enjoying the ferry ride with my sister and my mother, good times!
We are patiently waiting for our chicken denare at the Turkish restaurant we always eat at. The owner is a very friendly Turkish woman who remembers us every time we come in. She always offers the kids some extra Turkish Delight and has a friend for life in Mr. M. All he talked about on the way there and home was Turkish Delight!
This is the chicken denare and trust me, it is amazing! The chicken is roasted all day and the sauce is made fresh, a blend of lemon and spice with creamy something, maybe yogurt. Absolutely the best!
Not my favorite picture of myself, but here I am at the original Starbucks with a tray of drinks and bag of goodies. I always get some Pike's Special Reserve, only available here, and a new mug. The line is out the door as you can see, but moved fast. The staff is super friendly and I love hearing them call out, "Summer!" when my drinks are ready. An unforgettable experience. I love Starbucks!
I was drinking ice tea since I was battling a cold and allergies the whole trip, not fun, but I didn't let it keep me down. Notice the cool manicure? Yep, we paint our nails and do pedis every visit. I thought these neon colors were really cute together.
Sisters at Starbucks. A great moment. Notice my huge, red frame sunglasses? I got those the day before for $1 at the thrift store. Love them!
Here is my mom living her Sleepless in Seattle moment. Remember the scene where Sam and Jonah are picking up that lady with the annoying laugh from Pike's Market? Well, Jonah is playing around with a crab and my mom really likes that scene. She picked up this crab, I snapped the pic, and then we got the heck out of there. The man working the counter looked like he was going to make us buy the crab!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post. Your mom's picture with the crab is priceless! I love that movie..Made me laugh when I saw her re-enacting her scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't she funny? This was her first visit to Pike's Market and she loved it. Sleepless in Seattle is one of the best movies ever! It's always on the agenda when my mom and sister and I are together.

      Delete
  2. Well that was very very fun. I LOVE your sunglasses and your funny mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, kathy! Those sunglasses were one of the best things I bought on the whole trip. :) Of course, I didn't use them much considering it rained every day!

      Delete