Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Gotta Have a Goal!


Well, friends, I have to be honest. I have lost my mojo.

I was doing great before we went on vacation. I was logging five miles almost every day! While we were on vacation, I managed to log at least three miles almost every day. And then (dun, dun, dun!) I caught a cold, which progressed into sinusitis. I never get sick. NEVER. So when I do succumb to some germ, it's usually a really nasty, stubborn one. Thus, I have just now lost that congested tone in my voice, after being home for over a week.

I tell you this, not as an excuse, but as part of the reason behind losing steam on my quest to walk 100 miles this month. It ain't gonna happen. I've come to terms with it, but the wind has been taken out of my sails. Actually, my DH is the one who lit the fire under me to get back to my daily walking routine. He reminded me of my 100 miles goal and thought I could still do it. Ah, he knows me so well. He challenged me to try, and that provoked my competitive side. So, I've been hitting the pavement again.

My goal right now is to walk, not run, five miles a day. I'm going to borrow my friend's P90X DVDs and then I may change my walking goal to three a day. I love the walking, and I am losing inches, but I need to tone. I am not dropping weight as consistently as I think I should be. I'm hoping the P90X will kick it up a notch, or several notches judging by the infomercial.

I have a party with my in-laws coming up in a month. My new long-term goal is to look fabulous, jaw-dropping fabulous, and buy a new dress for the party. I can do it. I've been a little lazy about counting calories, so I really need to get strict with myself. I'm hoping for a 10 pound drop, at least. Is that crazy? I have 26 days. I need to think of a good name for this goal...

Join me!


2 comments:

  1. Im kind of going vegetarian whenever I possibly can. This is my approach to Catholicism too....
    Nothing too strict in my routines!

    Seriously I can ride my bike for MANY of the next 17 days.....I cannot ride on one day only......maybe I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I need to drop some weight and to move (I am a receptionist and am on my bottom more hours than I can count. Thanks for the nudge.

    ReplyDelete