Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Spider, the Shower, and the Fake Tattoo




This is a picture of the fake tattoo I put on my arm this morning. I had some old ones in the bathroom that I came across while giving myself a facial this morning. I was in the mood to do a few nice things for myself and I decided to stick one on. I took this picture at night so you can tell it's all faded and messed up by the end of the day, definitely old.

I went about my day as usual, not thinking anything about it really. I am saving my left arm for a very special tattoo someday and I think it will look great having one on each forearm. Anyway, I had to get some exercise in and Mr. M asked me to dance with him, so we worked out to Just Dance 3 for an hour. We had fun and I got a marvelous sweat going. Love that!

A marvelous sweat means a definite shower before bed. While in the shower, I discovered a fat spider scrambling around by the drain. I was putting shampoo in my hair and I certainly didn't want that thing climbing onto my foot and up my leg, so I did what any normal person would do in that situation, I screamed.

I hate spiders. I am afraid of spiders. I only get near them to kill them when I am the only adult around who can do so. Hence, the screaming.

DH bursts into the bathroom and I tell him to hurry up and get it NOW! Don't you feel that time slows down when you are waiting to be saved from a scary situation? Like people move way too slow? Yeah, well. He calmly grabbed the removable showerhead and washed the spider down the drain, looking at me with a grin that said, why didn't you think of that? Uh, I don't know. I just saw it and because I was naked I felt helpless. That makes sense, right? So he leaves.

And then I raised my arms to start rinsing my hair and I see this dark thing on my arm that looks just like a spider! So I screamed, really, really loud this time because it was on me! I shook my arm and looked again and, oh. Right. That dark thing is the tattoo I put on my arm this morning. Not a spider. Oops. DH calmly pokes his head and asks, "Are you still ok?" By this point, I am laughing hysterically at myself and he just leaves.

But, you see how that could happen, right? Good times.  

1 comment: