Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

I hope your Independence Day was as relaxing as mine! Although I had to do some laundry and make breakfast (beyond cereal in a bowl which was my original plan) I had a fairly kickback day.

Did I mention I made my first sale on Etsy? Yes! Okay, well, it was to my mother, but, hey, that still counts! She bought the neon striped bag I posted. Etsy made a big deal out of it being my first sale, which was way cool. Definitely a great event to wake up to!

We spent the evening with the members of DH's band, which is undergoing some major changes. The hostess of the party was a crafter. Love! She showed me a very cute project she worked on, a paper bag photo book I think she called it. Here is an example.


Hers was just as fabulous and made me want to add this to my homeschool craft projects for next year! I love the crafting and scrapbooking combination represented here. Needless to say, the hostess and I bonded over crafts and I think I might take her up on the offer to come back and swim again! She was lovely and very hospitable, always asking if anyone needed anything, putting out food, making coffee. I definitely felt the love, the mark of a true hostess.

The appeal of fireworks is lessening for me as it lessens for my kids. Actually, my kids have never really cared for fireworks, what with the loud noises and all. We didn't see a professional show tonight, just whatever popped off on the street. Meh. I would rather be knitting. Or reading. Or inside watching the news. Maybe next year we'll do sparklers and stay home.

On another note, I am in love with Fourth of July fashion for fingernails this year! Here are some absolutely fabulous pics for you to check out. Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. I love the paper bag scrap idea. I've never seen it anywhere.
    LOVE those fingernail paints too! Adorable

    ReplyDelete