Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Weekend Update

Oh, Monday. How do you get here so fast? This weekend was crawling at some points and just whizzing by at others. Now here we are at the start of another week! Does your week hold a lot of activity? Will you be busy? I am counting down the last three weeks of summer and determined to make the most of these days! What I mean is, I plan to do a lot of nothing and a lot of what I want to do only, no demands or requests from the kids!

Here are the weekend highlights.



DH and I have changed our date night to Saturday due to Professor X's football practices every evening. This date night found us enjoying Mediterranean food and strolling through downtown. We made a stop at DH's favorite store, Rhino Records. He browsed vinyl, I browsed anything else. I happened to spot a pillow that looked like an old cassette tape, thinking how much DH would like it, I picked it up for a closer look. Lo and behold, I found this record underneath with a note saying, "Congratulations! You found it!" Jigga what? Yes, I am the contest winner you never want to have win. I didn't even know there was a contest! I was just killing time! When I took it to the front desk, the lady said the prize was the record itself, which is an autographed copy of Electric Guest's mondo. Wow! It was a surreal moment. I listened to some of the record via DH's phone and I really like it. Take a listen.

DH had the crazy idea to eat dinner really late on Friday night. Where do you head with kids to eat when it's almost 9pm? Denny's, apparently. I dread Denny's. I have a had a couple really bad experiences at Denny's. But the kids wanted pancakes. So we went. Ugh. The pages of the menu I got were stuck together with gobs of syrup across the bottom. There was this disgusting peeling-apart noise when I turned the pages. The food was okay. Princess O barfed after we got home. I don't think we'll be going to Denny's anymore. And that's all I want to say about that.

Here I am, nice and sweaty, after a two-mile walk. Yes, I am back at it. I kicked off the weekend with a good walk and then DH and I hit the asphalt yesterday for our regular three-mile walk. It was the most silent walk we've ever had because we were both hating it so much! He says he didn't hate it, but I think he did. I know I did! The good news is...my weight has finally, finally, finally dipped below that big old number I've been hovering around! Yes! So, this time, it's working. Hooray for thyroid medication! Don't give up! I have a new role model. I am bringing back Linda Hamilton! Yep! This time I feel like it is within my reach!




We also hit the used bookstore where for $1 each I scored six of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, brand new, for one of my homies who loves that series.



For myself, DH found me two Tony Hillerman's I haven't read. I also found Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler, one of my absolute favorite authors. The only reason we went to the bookstore was to see if they had The Lost World by Michael Crichton. The bookstore is very small and my hopes were not high. Wouldn't you know, DH spotted the book on the bottom shelf of the $1 rack!? He deserves something very nice for that, right? I have already started reading the book and it has already drawn me in. Michael Crichton was such a good writer.



This weekend I also had the most delicious fish tacos I have ever eaten in my life at Senor Baja's. I love fish tacos. I will order them anywhere. There were hands-down the very best! If you have one near you, try them.

How was your weekend? Any firsts or exciting thrift store finds? Monday is the day to start fresh. Get out there and exercise, eat some healthy food, and enjoy life!



1 comment:

  1. Good for you and your back on track.
    MOnday is a good day to start over!!
    Im still meatless after the worked!! Lots of soup for my breaks and that felt great instead of a big meal.

    ReplyDelete