Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday is a Rest Day?

Saturday night ended with Princess O puking all over the floor, just outside the bathroom. All OVER the floor and the clothes on the floor. All. Over. It.

This girl is 9 years old but waited just a few seconds too long before sprinting to the toilet. I was the only adult home. Guess who had to clean it up? Yep. Me.

Puked up pb&j smells a lot like Thai food. I kept thinking, when did she eat chicken in peanut sauce? Then I realized I was cleaning up the sandwiches I made for lunch. I don't think I will be in the mood for pad Thai for a long, long time.

She ran a fever all night, which meant no sleep for me. She is finally feeling better this evening. I am exhausted. A sick child adds a layer if stress to everything. I am ready for some solid sleep.

Tomorrow we spend back in our old neighborhood at homeschooling classes. I dread the drive. The bright spot will be hanging out with my homie in the evening. I am looking forward to a shrimp burrito and a nice long chat.

How are you starting your week? Make it a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Oh so sorry. I was up all night working, and MOndays are a forever fog.
    Cleaning up puke is so noxious.....even as a nurse mom, I gag!

    ReplyDelete