Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just Catching Up



Wow, this month is going by so fast! Thanksgiving is next week. Christmas is right around the corner. New Year's is in sight. Hoochie mama, 2013 will be here before we know it!

I am hoping to end this year on a high note. Or maybe I should say a low note because my goal is to drop some more weight. Currently, I am maintaining under 160 lbs. My goal weight is 130, but that is so far off. I would love to close out this year at 149! I think it is an attainable goal. My running is back to a daily 3 three miles. I am turning up the metabolism by adding a 20 minute Jillian Michaels workout, Ripped in 30.



I chose this workout because it is only 20 minutes. I need something quick. I need something intense. Jillian is both. I am on Week 1, Day 2 of the 30 day program and she is kicking my butt! I kept up with her more today than yesterday. I was actually surprised that the workout was so difficult, especially the cardio. I mean, I run. Why couldn't I keep up? Because it's intense! And I love it. I love feeling the sweat dripping down my face and hearing myself groan as I dig deep to rock out the last reps of the abs set. I am motivated. I love it!



I have been changing my diet, too. I am so amazed at how much we ate that is processed. I didn't really consider what "processed" meant, but now that I pay attention, wow. I have started stocking the kitchen with a lot more fruit and fresh veggies. I am seeking out healthy, clean eating recipes to prepare. I have changed my eating habits to a big breakfast and smaller dinner. Can you believe I switched my coffee for green tea? I know! I know! I started drinking green tea when I had the flu and I got hooked. I will make coffee when I really want it, but usually I'm sipping some green tea. No sugar or honey, straight. I love it. I think I'm finally grasping the whole healthy living thing, not just diet or exercise, but a well-rounded existence.



We are heading to Vegas for Thanksgiving and I am super excited to see my family. Also, I have already made it known I will be running, making it 3 states I have run in so far. I would love to have a run in all 50 states one day. A new life goal! Also, I am excited because I don't have to cook, yay! Although I will probably do some post-Thanksgiving cooking so my family gets their favorites, like homemade cranberries and sausage balls.

And what have you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. TO run in every state is an AWESOME goal. WHen you run in Illiois I will bike next to you!! Ive been on our new nordic track every non work day and non travel day for about a month.
    SOmedays, most days, i hate every step....I've always been this way

    Im pretty much totally non meat these days. I just gave blood with FIreman and for the first time in awhile they said i almost did nt make the iron cut off. So I need to start taking an iron supplement now that im meat free! I think I got a good tip by volunteering my blood today!

    ReplyDelete