Sunday, January 13, 2013

So This was My Day

I love the weekend. I have the freedom to go for a long run since dh is home with the kids. No worries, no fears. I hit the asphalt and don't look back. Today I went for a 5 mile run and it was the best.

I run through my neighborhood. There is a good sized hill that I use for warming up. Then I use the other side for running down. The temperature was hovering around 50 degrees, perfect for running.

I prefer to run with music. My playlist is something I'm always tweaking to get just right. I know I've told you about Run Hundred before. I'd be lost without it! Tonight I spent some time downloading new music and compiling a new list, rearranging the current one I use.

So now I have a hip hop themed list and an alternative style list. Typically I get more motivation from the hip hop, but lately I've fallen in love with some alternative music that gets me going, too.

Speaking of going, I am hitting my old track tomorrow morning. I'm in that area for the kids homeschooling classes. I haven't been on this track for over a year, and I hate track running, so we'll see how it goes. I'm really excited to run to my new playlist! That's he major benefit from tracks: headphones. I don't wear them on the street to run, too dangerous.

My new goal is to lose 8 lbs by the end of February, my birthday, on which I will be turning 38. Yikes! Let's call it 30-great. 8 by 30-great is the new goal! Definitely doable.

What are you working toward?

1 comment:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU! THIRTY GREAT is an awesome thought.
    I did something to my back. So I did not go on Nordy, the nordic track this weekend. TOmororw, I swear, even if it isnt much better I'll get on it.

    I must go down a pant size by summer.....
    stay vegetarian except for the rare treat
    and less Coca cola....

    ReplyDelete