Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Keeping It Simple

Wow, this month is just flying by! I am already counting down to my birthday. Yes, even though I'm an adult, I still make a huge deal out of my birthday. Eights days to go!

The perfect birthday cake for me!

Usually I get a lot of great stuff for my birthday because it falls right when we get our tax return. I know, great timing! But, this year we filed early and honestly I'm not really feeling it anyway. Maybe because the past few weeks have been so stressful with hospital visits and getting my Etsy shop going, I am keeping it simple.

I want to get my hair cut and go for a mani-pedi, maybe get some acrylic nails put on. I LOVE having nails! I am also going to color my hair, not sure what color. Remember the black cherry color? Hm, yeah, not sure I want anything so dramatic this time. With summer right around the corner, I may go reddish, nothing too bright. I'm thinking Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman reddish-auburn. Or a burgundy. See? I'm undecided. But I need a change.

I wish my curls were this loose and lovely!
Forty is coming! Not this year, not next year, but it's coming. I need to get my act together! I want to hit 40 at full speed and make it the best decade of my life. That's the plan. I still have a ways to go. I am almost at my goal weight for this month, yay! Only a couple more pounds to drop. And the goal of running 100 miles is still a reality, but barely. I've been slacking, majorly! But I'm close.



March is right around the corner. What are your plans? Summer is the light at the end of this long winter tunnel. Do you see it? Think about it. Think about bathing suits and beach trips, endless evenings outside and shimmering heat wave afternoons. Sigh. I can't wait. I love summer.

2 comments:

  1. I love acrylic nails too! Short but perfectly painted. You have a great attitude about aging!!! 40s are wonderful.

    I love your cake. I too celebrate my birthday over and over!!! why not?

    GLad you son is all better. That' s good to have behind you.
    Ive been wondering how you are!

    March is typically not my favorite month. I hope to change that this year.
    We are going to see Al at the end of march so that is hugely helpful.

    I may begin some garden planning in March to get the outside itch going

    THe new schedule may really help my March as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake! You have some neat items in your Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete