Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Surgery Day


 
My youngest son had his, ahem, personal surgery today. We got up at 4:30am and headed out. I am not a fan of waking up early, as you know. However, a surgery at dawn is preferable to waiting around all day. Right? Yes. I just made sure my clothes were ready as was my coffee. I slept in my bra, not a good choice, only because I was too lazy to take it off last night. I justified it by our early departure time, but honestly it wasn't worth it. Don't try this at home.
 
 
See this monkey? This is Mr. M's special friend who accompanied us to the hospital, right into the OR! See his great outfit? Yeah, the doctors did that in the OR! How cool is that?! These doctors chose correctly when going into pediatrics. We loved it! Mr. M loved it.
 
 
 
And here is Mr. M before surgery. Trust me, he looked very different after and I was NOT going to pester him for a picture. He did great, though. The surgery was successful and thank God it is over! He is happily recuperating at home, eating crackers, drinking 7Up, and sleeping. I am happily doing whatever he asks me to because I love this kid.
 
Good times. 

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY THE BIG DAY IS OVER. HE LOOKS ADORABLE...PERHAPS HE'LL GO INTO MEDICINE SOME DAY....WE NEED GREAT NURSES~!

    I HOPE YOU SLEEP WELL THE NEXT FEW NIGHTS.....KIDS RECOVER SO FAST IT IS JUST AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete