Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Vacation is Good

I have been in WA with my sister and her family for almost the whole month of July. DH was here for a few days, then flew home for 10 days. He didn't have enough vacation days to cover the length of time I wanted to be here. So I was on my own with the kids for those days and then he came back last weekend for our last week.

This trip will forever be known as the "By the Skin of Our Teeth" vacation. We made it. We barely made it. But, it has been wonderful to be with my sister and watch our kids playing and making friendships and relationships that will last a lifetime. It's good.

Having such a long break from home has been refreshing for me. I am full of homeschool ideas and inspiration. I have packed on enough weight to be ready for a new exercise routine. I have watched enough HGTV to tackle some projects that are long overdue.

Vacation is good. I am soaking in the last few days here.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I m so glad you have had a great break with your sister!! show us some pictures when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like a wonderful skin of your teeth time!!! Hooray for a wonderful break with family

    ReplyDelete