Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to School!



Are you ready for Back to School? Sigh. I think I am. I would love to have another month just to be home and tackle everything I thought I would finish by now. But, oh well. The first day of homeschool is tomorrow. Sigh.

Was your summer everything you wanted it to be? Mine was everything I expected. Lots of doctor visits in June, WA in July, and a whirlwind of activity in August. I have been trying to keep up with my Etsy shop, too. My boys are both in football right now. My princess is going to start swimming lessons. We are at the beginning of a new season.

My oldest son is in middle school this year and I've been in denial. I didn't even realize he was "graduating" to middle school until our overseer presented him with a certificate at the end of last year. Wow. Only three more years and he's on to high school! For the past couple weeks, I have been feeling tense and uptight without really knowing why. Last Friday I started prepping our homeschool year and I just started crying. Like really, really crying! It hit me that my kids are no longer little. Everything seems so advanced and serious this year! I'm not ready! But I did feel better after I let myself cry.

So, here we are on the cusp of a new homeschooling year. Things will only get busier from here.

I got a job! I'll be coaching at the homeschool PE class that my kids attend. I applied last year and never heard anything (of course not) and then they called me a few weeks ago to see if I could do it this year. I was so surprised at first that I said no. (seriously, what was I thinking?!) It's not a lot of money, but it will help, and I will get paid to do two things I love: teach and play. I'm excited! I already have a whistle and plans to get "Coach Rachel" printed on my visor. Now drop and give me 20!

So my own personal exercise and nutrition are at the top of my priority list right now. I'm maintaining my weight, not losing, and I still have 20 lbs or so that I'd like to drop. I have a Nike personal training Xbox program to start and I'm still running. I invited some of the other moms at football practice to walk with me and I use that as a warm up to run. It's a great way to get almost 4 miles in every day!



As motivation for exercising, I have a new dress. It fits perfectly, so if I gain or inflate, it won't fit anymore. I am wearing it to a wedding in 2 weeks and hoping it will fit even more perfectly, not less.

I hope you enjoyed your summer! What season is starting for you now?


2 comments:

  1. IM here to say THERE THERE to you. It will be hard, but the kids growing up has its amazing blessing too!
    I loved your ETSY site ......just sent you an order.
    Happy Back to School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, you are awesome! Thank you so much for your order. I am shipping it tomorrow. I know you'll love it. :) Thank you for being such a faithful reader. :)

      Delete