Friday, August 21, 2015

30 Days to Make a Change

I'm at a crossroads.

I am starting to be very unhappy at work. I love my job, interacting with patients and light administrative work, but new pressures are coming and new help is not coming. So here I am on the edge of burn out with no real relief anywhere. Do I stay or do I go now?

I can't quit. The pay and benefits are an amazing combination. But, I don't want to spend the rest of my working life in this same position. I still have time to go back to school and earn the rest of my degree. My dilemma is what to focus on, my current industry or something else?

What would I love to do? I love being home and available to my family, writing, teaching, going to the bathroom when I want. Ideally, my job would be more on schedule with my kids school schedule. Teaching? I would love to work at home. Medical billing? Should I write?

When I worked at home, we were so financially poor. Now, we are comfortable, not well off, but good enough. I don't want to lose that money. I need a guaranteed income.

So, what do I return to school to achieve?

30 days to make a decision. Today I will sign and mail the FAFSA form to complete my financial aid packet. Tomorrow I will do something else. My goal is to have a decision made by the end of 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment